In this episode of Prophetic Voices, we’ll be discussing the lectionary for the Feast of St. Francis. The texts covered in this episode are Job 39:1-18, Matthew 11:25-30, and John 20:11-16. Our amazing guests this week are:
- The Rev. Pete Nunnally, senior associate rector at St Mary’s Episcopal Church in Arlington, Va. He leads Wilderness Church, an outdoor walking Eucharist on the banks of the Potomac River. His book on the hidden wisdom of fishing is forthcoming through Broadleaf Books.
- The Rev. Rachel Taber-Hamilton, rector of Trinity Episcopal church in Everett, Wash. She is of Indigenous Shacken First Nation and European heritage. Taber-Hamilton cofounded the Circles of Color advocacy network in the Diocese of Olympia and serves as the vice-president of the House of Deputies for The Episcopal Church.
- The marvelous Derrick Weston, a writer, educator, filmmaker, and podcaster serving as the theological education and training coordinator for Creation Justice Ministries. He and his family live outside of Baltimore, Md.
Prophetic Voices is hosted by the Rev. Isaiah “Shaneequa” Brokenleg, The Episcopal Church’s staff officer for Racial Reconciliation. For more information on Becoming Beloved Community, visit iam.ec/becomingbelovedcommunity.
MENTIONED IN THIS PODCAST:
- “Under the Canopy” Amazon Rainforest Initiative VR Film
- “Refugia Faith: Seeking Hidden Shelter, Ordinary Wonders, and the Health of the Earth” by Debra Rienstra
- “The Universe Story: From the Primordial Flaring Forth to the Ecozoic Era—A Celebration of the Unfolding of the Cosmos” by Brian Swimme
- Season of Creation Website
- Season of Creation Liturgical Guide